Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful...

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto himand bless his name."
- Psalm 100:4 - 

Being thankful. It's something that we forget to do many times isn't it? I know so many times my life and the way that I live can scream selfishness instead of gratitude. As the holiday of Thanksgiving approaches tomorrow, my heart is naturally turned toward what I am thankful for. However, I realize that this should be my mindset each and every day, not just the time I gather with family around a holiday meal. 

The truth is, those of us who have the most to say "Thank You" for are the worst at it. I want my life to show thankfulness in every way - to never get over how good God has been to me. Here are a few things that I am most thankful for today and every day...



First, my salvation. In no way, shape, or form do I deserve for a loving Savior to take the penalty for my sin. But He did. It's done - finished. All I had to do was believe on Him and accept Him as my Savior. WOW. I get to spend eternity in Heaven and share a personal relationship with the God of the universe based on nothing that I have done but on everything that Christ did on the cross. 

Next, I'm thankful for my family. I have a wonderful husband - a husband that I know was hand-picked by God to complete me. I know God is still writing our love story, but I love every page and chapter! I have a precious little boy - there is just something about motherhood that cannot be explained or understood except by another mother. I have a little girl on the way - and I am so thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far. And we all have good health - something that I know we too often take for granted. 

I'm thankful for my extended family. My parents and siblings, my in-laws, my grandparents, cousins - God has truly blessed me with a wonderful and loving family both personally and through the family that I married into. 

I'm thankful for my church family - a support group that thinks the way that I do and can help me from a biblical standpoint. 

I'm thankful for the "little" things - plenty of food, shelter, a car, health, friends, family, a job. Not to mention all of the unnecessary amenities and wants that I have been blessed with. 

Some days I wonder why in the world God has chosen to bless me with so much. But I know that I must remember that what He has passed to me, I must pass to others. 

There is no way that I can mention everything (nor would you read a post that long) that I am thankful for, but I thought I'd leave you with a few. 

Take time to thank the Lord for His blessings in your life, and then determine to make gratitude a permanent attitude in your life! 

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment