Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Tune-Up: Your Microwave

If you are anything like me, you have a cleaning routine that you stick to on a regular basis. Even if it is not on a detailed schedule, when you clean, you clean the same things. Unfortunately, I tend to miss the little things when I clean in my normal, systematic fashion. I have a list of things that have to be done monthly, bi-monthly, and semi-annually, but there are still all those little things that I seem to miss.

Those little things are going to be the focus of my new weekly update called "Tuesday Tune-Up." I want to try to help us all freshen up the little things that we seem to overlook in our cleaning on an everyday basis (At least I know I do). You know, it's those little details that you've grown so accustomed to that you don't realize it needs attention until company comes over and it seems to magically jump out at you - YIKES!

This week, take a look at your microwave. It can be the collector of some really NASTY grime and gunk. My microwave is built-in above my stove, and all of the steam that rises can cause dust and a strange sticky film to build up on the door and vents. And the inside - well, all of that cooking we do tends to leave quite a bit of greasy splatter all over the place. Really, go open yours up and tell me it's not gross if you haven't given it a good bath lately! So, this Tuesday, take about 5 minutes and clean it up on the inside and out! You'll be glad you did!

I like to use a Mr Clean Magic Eraser - It works marvelously against all that muck and greasy grime. (Of course hot water and soap works well too.)

Just a little of attention, and your microwave will be shiny and fresh! 
Happy Cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment