Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday Tune-Up: Pack Your Bags

Sorry if the title misled you, but no, this post is not about packing. Although, chances are, you are going to pack up your bags and hit the road at least once during the Christmas season. With all the packing, list-making, baking, gift-wrapping, and all the other hustle and bustle, sometimes the house tidying gets overlooked and we end up leaving the house in a slightly more-than-messy state. So, your challenge for the holidays, don't pack your bags without cleaning your house. Of course, if you are on a normal cleaning schedule, this will help, but it is very easy to get off schedule when you have what seems like a million other things to do.

I was always taught by my mom when I was growing up to clean the house before we left for vacation. This way, we wouldn't have to worry about cleaning when we got home from vacation. The training I received from her stuck with me. I cannot stand to leave my house in a mess when I am leaving for anything overnight.

Of course, there will always be loads of laundry to do after unpacking upon return, but it is so nice to come home to a clean home.

A few things that I like to make sure are done before I leave:

* Dust
*Vacuum
*Laundry is done (so I don't have double loads when I return)
* Bathrooms are clean
* Dishwasher is at least turned on (if time allows, unload it)
* There's a place for everything and everything is in its place
* Trashcan is empty
* Plants are watered
* Floors are swept/mopped

So, while you pack your bags, keep your house clean too! You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment