Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

High Five for Friday

Well, this week has been rather busy! Lots to do and get done, but overall, it was successful!

1. Bible Study. 

I'm currently involved in two Bible studies on Monday. One with our ladies' ministry at church and one that I lead our 11th and 12th grade girls in at my home. Both studies are teaching me new things about God's Word. I'm particularly enjoying studying the book of 1 Peter on Monday mornings and looking at how to live life with a gentle and quiet spirit. Accompanying our study of 1 Peter, we are reading from Elizabeth George's Putting on a Gentle and Quiet Spirit. It truly has been a challenge for me - in a great way of course! 

2. Hubby Speaking. 

On Tuesday night, my husband spoke at Faith Christian Academy's PTF night on "Parenting Media-Saturated Children." His presentation is amazing (He's done it at our church for our teen parents as well), and I am so proud of him! A plus to this speaking engagement, we got to see and eat dinner with my sis-in-law and bro-in-law! They just moved from TN to where they are now - about 45 min from us! This means we get to see them much more frequently! 

3. Free Coffee!!!!



So, I have this app called CouponSherpa - you should download it! It's filled with all kinds of restaurant and retail coupons - no clipping required. On this app, Starbucks is giving away a free hazelnut or caramel macchiato! I've used the coupon several times this week for my free coffee! Yay! Free coffee always makes the day better!

4. Cake Pops. 



I spent my entire day and night on Wednesday filling a cake pop order for 10 dozen Easter pops! Easter is always my largest selling holiday for these things. Here's a look at the bunnies. They are so cute (of course I drew mouths on them later..hehe)! I'm also terrible at remembering to take pics of everything, but in addition to the bunnies, I made chicks and eggs too. Adorable and delicious!

5. Haircut.

I'm having major hair woes right now. I love my bob, but I want my hair to be long again! I also understand that in order for it to be long again, I'm gonna have to grow it out. I know I will have to trim it as it grows, but I just can't decide what I want to do. However, my hair was in dire need of a trim (it had been 10 weeks) so I got it cut again. Starting over with the lengthening process (unless I just get extensions :) ).


Happy Friday Everyone! Don't forget to celebrate Easter by being at your local church to worship this Sunday!

 photo H54Fbutton-triangle_zps678b65ba.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment